Application Deadline: 1 August 2018 0:00 (GMT)
Type of award
Scholarship will be awarded as a fee reduction.
Up to £5,000.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a Nigerian national
- be classified as overseas for fee purposes
- be self-financing
- have accepted an offer to study an eligible Masters course at Sussex
To be eligible for the enhanced £5,000 award, you must also provide evidence of a first class degree from a university in Nigeria.
Who isn’t eligible
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you already have another Sussex scholarship (i.e. Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship or Sussex Graduate Scholarship).
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study the following courses:
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years in Education MA
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- Masters degrees at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible).
How to apply
Register your interest in the scholarship via PG Apply when you accept our offer of a place on an eligible Masters course. If you have applied via one of our overseas representatives, you will need to ask them to do this on your behalf.
If you are successful, information about the scholarship will be included in your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Study) for your visa application.
If the scholarship information is not showing on your CAS or you want to register for the scholarship after the CAS has been created, please contact the Admissions Office: email@example.com
You must accept an offer of a place on an eligible Masters course and submit the online declaration in order to receive the scholarship. You must allow sufficient time for the Masters application to be considered before the 1 August deadline. You must also have sufficient time to obtain a visa to study at Sussex, if you need one.
For more info: