UNESCO-MGIEP’s Transforming Education Conference for Humanity – TECH 2018 (Funded)
TECH 2018, UNESCO MGIEP’s international conference, aims to showcase the role of games and digital learning in enabling a shift from “transmissive pedagogies” to “transformative pedagogies” to create peaceful and sustainable societies. The Call for Proposals for TECH 2018 has now been released. Submit your application before 1 August 2018. Building on the success of TECH 2017, the UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) will organise TECH annually for the next four years to delve into the role of games and digital learning technologies in enabling a shift from “transmissive pedagogies” to “transformative pedagogies” to create more peaceful and sustainable societies. TECH 2018 aims at drawing a blueprint for harnessing pedagogical possibilities opened up by digital technologies, in order to contribute to enabling a revolutionary shift in education from individual content acquisition to collaborative intelligence.
- Theme 1: Transformative Gaming and Digital Pedagogies for SEL
- Theme 2: Beyond Four Walls of the Classroom
- Theme 3: Transformative Gaming and Digital Pedagogies for STEM+
- Theme 4: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Education
- Theme 5: The Institutional Framework for Application of Digital Technologies in Education: Towards Surveillance or Collaborative Intelligence?
Financial assistance may be available for select candidates from developing countries.
UNESCO is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Apply to present a Breakout Session, E-poster, Learning Zone, Maker Space or Mock Classroom.
Submit Your Proposal: The application process requires interested individuals to complete and return the Application Form along with their presentations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The title of the proposal should convey the exact topic and its content.
- A brief yet comprehensive description of your session, which covers the subject, objective and proposed outcome.
- The method you use to deliver your presentation must align with one of the session formats.
- Please also submit brief bios of the presenter and co-presenter.
All of the above must be submitted by 1 August 2018 (11:59 p.m. Indian Standard Time). Those submitting proposals will be informed of acceptance by 15 September 2018.