Application Deadline: 1st July, 2018
The Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP) is a Dutch scholarship programme from Nuffic, financed by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the budget for development cooperation. On 1 July 2017 the NFP entered a new phase as a new programme under the name Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). The aim of the programme is to aid the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of individuals as well as institutions in the field of higher and vocational education.
The next OKP deadline will be in July 2018, this page will be updated once the exact deadline is known. Please refer back to this page at a later date.
The following IHS programmes are eligible for the next deadline:
You can apply for this scholarship if you meet the following criteria:
- Be a professional and national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the OKP country list;
- Have an employer’s statement that complies with a prescribed format. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement. (You will not be eligible for the fellowship if you fail to submit this document);
- Not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff-development. Organizations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example:
multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- Must have an official and valid passport;
- Must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- Must have an NFP/OKP government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established.
A provisional list of eligible countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Surinam, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to apply
Apply for the IHS academic course via IHS Online Application Form and receive your academic admission offer.
Once admitted, you will then be invited by IHS via email to apply for the OKP fellowship.