Application Deadline: 24th August, 2018
Barclays Rising Eagles Graduate Programme for African Graduate aims to develop carefully selected, talented graduates from Africa to be the financial services sector leaders of the future.
On the programme for 12 to 18 months, you’ll be guided, moulded and trained – building up the skills and experience you’ll need to become a leader for the future. Every step of the way, our training and support will keep your development on track.
The programme spans almost every part of the business, from Retail and Business Banking to Human Resources and Financial Management. Explore the Business Areas for the full list. And rest assured – every route offers its own challenges, and its own unique opportunities
- A postgraduate qualification (minimum NQF Level 8) in any of the disciplines that we recruit from, obtained before January 2019, with the exception of Computer Science as these students do not need a postgraduate qualificiation
- Less than 24 months’ permanent work experience (this excludes temporary work during full-time studies)
Programmes related to professional qualifications:
- SAICA – Final year students studying towards BCom Accounting Hons, CTA, GDA or equivalent
- CIMA – Students currently completing studies that will exempt you to the managerial level at the end of the year application (2018)
Barclays offer opportunities in the following countries:
- South Africa
Benefits of the Rising Eagles Graduate Programme
- A structured development journey in the first year of employment
- Permanent employment from day one, with a competitive package
- Vehicle and home finance at staff rates
- Reduced banking fees
- Exclusive access to Rise: our global innovation hub
- A dedicated Young Talent Team to support you
- The opportunity to be a part of initiatives affecting real change in Africa
- A strong support network of Alumni
- Access to vast networking opportunities in Africa
Applications are screened to ensure they meet our minimum academic requirements. How you approach and answer the application questions will also play a role in our selection process.
First round interview
As a quick way to get to know you, interviews will be done over the phone or face-to-face on campus.
An online assessment will be sent to you to complete.
Depending on the business area you have been shortlisted for, you’ll be invited for further assessments, which may include a variety of group exercises, role-plays, case studies and interviews.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Barclays Africa Rising Eagles Graduate Programme 2019