Application Deadline: September 14, 2018
Applications for the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2019/2020 are now open. To achieve the goal of being a catalyst for public sector transformation, Africa Initiative for Governance will every year, for five years starting in 2017, fund five scholarships for outstanding West Africans from all backgrounds who are passionate about the public sector, to pursue the Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford.
Upon graduation, AIG Scholars will be expected to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector. The Scholars will be exceptionally intelligent graduates who have excelled academically as well as in other areas of their lives.
- The AIG Scholarships are full scholarships covering fees, accommodation and living expenses.
- Applicants should be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Age between 25 and 35 years
- Achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to the University of Oxford and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Strong commitment to public service and a willingness to commit to working for a fixed number of years in your country’s public sector
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
Click here to apply
For more information, visit
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships.